Thursday, June 16, 2011

UpLift

For those of you who don't know, Erin and I are leaving tomorrow morning to drive a van and trailer with 14 people down to UpLift.  UpLift is a Christian summer camp held at Harding University in Searcy, AR and focuses on deep spiritual growth and self reflection for 7th-12th graders and I could not be more excited (for everything except the 9-10 hour drive each way...) about what's in store for us!

This will be my own first trip to UpLift and my first time visiting the huge metropolis of Searcy.  I look forward seeing our kids grow: find a deeper understanding of who they are, grow closer to each other (their Christian community and in our own youth group), and closer to God.

I'm very excited that I've been asked to teach while I'm down there and am really looking forward to spending time with these kids in Biblical study and prayer.  This is such a powerful time for these teens and I ask for all of you to pray for us while we're gone - that God will powerfully reveal himself to everyone who is there and that these teens will return even stronger than they leave.

-Levi

No comments:

Post a Comment