Monday, December 14, 2015

2015 Top 12 Best Christmas music videos!

I love music.  I have a song in my head at all times.  All times.

I listen to almost every genre out, ones that could never mix, my playlists look like 100 different people from teen to 100 years old all threw their favorites together.  Classic rock, alternative, Contemporary Christian, rap, hymns, hiphop, classical, country, rock, barbershop, I can listen to (almost) anything.

Ironically, I was never really a fan of Christmas music ("Gasp!") but once you have kids, everything changes, including my taste in Christmas music!

So, for this Christmas I've compiled my top 12 Christmas music videos.

My parameters were pretty simple, but one important aspect was that it had to have an actual video (lyric 'videos' don't count), and a video that was equally as powerful as the song itself (so be sure to Watch and not just listen!).
Also, if at all possible, it had to be a live performance (9 out of the 12 are live I believe).
Also, the number 1 video is a bonus, of sorts: it's not technically traditional "Christmas" song, but it definitely deserves to be on the list!  Don't miss the spoken-word poem in the middle... it will blow you away!

*Disclaimer:  I could have easily made all 12 Pentatonix or all Lindsey Stirling videos... Love all of them... but I limited them to 2 and 1, respectively!

Here we go (I hope you enjoy!):

12.  Alison Krauss and Robert Plant - "Light of Christmas Day"

11.  Chris Tomlin - "A Christmas Alleluia"

10.  "Come Thou Long Expected Jesus"

9.    Christmas Food Court Flash Mob - "Hallelujah Chorus"

8.    Pentatonix - "Silent Night"

7.    Som Sabadell Orchestra Flash Mob - "Ode to Joy"

6.    Lindsey Stirling - "What Child is This?"

5.    Cloverton - "A Hallelujah Christmas"

4.    Pentatonix - "Joy to the World"

3.    Lauren Daigle - "Noel"

2.    CeeLo Green - "Mary Did You Know?"

1.    Kari Jobe - "Forever" 

No comments:

Post a Comment