Thursday, August 15, 2013

Bloom Where You're Planted



Bloom Where You're Planted:

From our discussion last night (http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/37310217)

Here are the verses (and titles for each) that I shared:

WHY ME??
Esther 4:14b                For what if TODAY was the day you were created for??

BLOOM WHERE YOU’RE PLANTED:
1 Corinthians 7:17      
Nevertheless, each person should live as a believer in whatever situation the Lord has assigned to them, just as God has called them.

PRAY FOR A STORY (ENDURANCE)
Hebrews 12:1-3         
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

THE PLAN!!!!!!
Jeremiah 29:11-13     
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Get your hands out of your pockets and BE GOD!
Psalm 74:9-12                     
We are given no signs from God;
    no prophets are left,
    and none of us knows how long this will be.
10 How long will the enemy mock you, God?
    Will the foe revile your name forever?
11 Why do you hold back your hand, your right hand?
    Take it from the folds of your garment and destroy them!
12 But God is my King from long ago;
    he brings salvation on the earth.

HE WILL HEAR ME…. EVENTUALLY!:
-----------“Israel’s Misery” ------------------
Micah 7:7        But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord,
    I wait for God my Savior;
    my God will hear me.


HEAR MY VOICE- DON’T LISTEN TO HIS!
John 10:3-5         The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger’s voice.”
RICH/POOR/HAPPY/SAD – NOT ATHELETE!
Phillipians 4:12-13            I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

HE MADE MONEY……
Philippians 4:19 19 And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.

DO NOT WORRY!
Matthew 6:25-34            

Do Not Worry

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[a]?
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.



JOY….ALWAYS??
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment