Thursday, January 3, 2013

Reading the Bible in a year

Many people attempt to set out to read the Bible in a year, and some do... many however don't quite make it.  For many reasons, people get discouraged and stop (Leviticus not being the least of these....).

This year I'm in a facebook group for everyone who wants to read the Bible in a year and I invite any and all of you to join this group.
The group will serve a lot of purposes I would say, but one of the chief reasons is accountability (even the accountability of a group also serves more than the implicit purpose by creating a sense of camaraderie among those involved).

I will share some of my observations from reading the Bible through in a year on here (I will be using The One Year Bible in ESV which takes a passage of Old Testament, a passage of New Testament, a passage from Psalms, and a passage from Proverbs each day) as well.

Everyone is doing different versions, different plans, and different translations so it doesn't matter what you have.  For our group, it will also serve as a place to ask questions and share insight (my favorite part!).  The group is made up of the crazy, the busy, the crazy busy, the parents, the workaholics, the frazzled, the real, and the honest and I would Love for you to be one of them!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/513954795305422/


No comments:

Post a Comment